Tuesday, December 7, 2010

13 questions with WiIl Lindsay - Indian, Storm of Light

1 – What was your first concert?
My first concert was Tiffany at Knott's Berry Farm sometime in the '80s. My first rock concert was Queensryche in 1990.
2 – Who fights the good fight?
Salmonella.
2 – What is your favorite music venue?
Berbati's Pan in Portland is one of the first ones that comes to mind. 013 in Tilburg is pretty great, too.
4 –Would you rather laugh with someone or at someone?
Hmmm. This would be really circumstantial.
5 – Do you believe in bigfoot? Explain.
I suppose it's possible, but I don't really have an opinion one way or the other. Bigfoot is much more believable to me than God, Satan, Tarot Cards, etc.
6 – Who has great guitar tone?
Well, a lot of people do. The last person I heard that really caught my ear was Josh Graham's tone the last time I played with A Storm of Light. He started using an OCD instead of the on-board distortion. Probably the best tone I've heard out of a Mesa. Of course, his amp isn't from the Rectifier series.
7 – What books do you enjoy?
I've been on a WWII kick the last few years. Right now I'm reading "Delivered From Evil" by Robert Leckie and "Comfort and Critique" by Peter Sotos.
8 – Are you nocturnal or diurnal?
It really varies depending on what else is going on in my life.
9 – How loud is too loud?
I don't know yet.
10 – Would you ever agree to be on Sesame Street, or do muppets frighten you?
Muppets don't frighten me. Sesame Street is still on the air?
11 – Do you have tinnitus?
Thankfully, not. I've become a fanatic about ear plugs these last few years, though.
12 – What is your favorite instrument?
Right now, I'm really enjoying playing bass, lap steel and synthesizer. But I always end up back at guitar. Pedal steel is probably my favorite to listen to, though. Provided it's a really good player.
13 – What is your favorite unknown band?
My Increment. An amazing band from Bakersfield that no one ever really got to hear of. They broke up in '96, I believe. Joel from that band now plays drums in Defeatist.


No comments:

Post a Comment